Monday, November 07, 2005

Arturo


Muchas Gracias!! Arturo :a very valued member of the Christian Appalachian Project team. It seemed like he was everywhere and always of service. One time a woman asked if we had any sweaters. I sadly told her we didn't keep clothing to give out. She said okay and drove up in the line. A few minutes later I looked over to see Arturo holding three very nice sweaters up to the woman for her approval. She was smiling and saying they were just what she wanted. Arturo was no where near when I had told her no. I asked him how he knew the woman needed sweaters. He pointed up to the heavens. He nodded his head and smiled. I could feel something powerful was going on here. A few times he asked me "Amigo, help help me lift this bag into the dumpster." I was proud to tell some others "I will back in a while, I"m on Arturo's crew right now." Trash all over the building seemed to dissapear with Aturo's help. He is truly a joy to work with.
I was told that Sherrie made sure Arturo had a place to stay by giving him our bright CAP vest and making him one of "Us" It seems Arturo was homeless and sleeping on a sidewalk after the storm. Being he was also considered homeless before the storm, the Red Cross would not allow him to stay in the shelter. We are all glad that Sherrie made a way for Arturo to stay in the shelter and allow him to help in so many ways. I know others have stories about this wonderful man and I will add any that you would like to send.